Us - \Us\,
pron. The persons speaking, regarded as an object; ourselves; -- the objective
case of we.
U.S. or US
pron. The objective form of we.
- Uncle Sam.
- Uniform System (of lens aperture).
- United States.
- United States highway.
- Used as the direct object of a
She saw us on the subway.
- Used as the indirect object of a
They offered us free tickets to the show.
- Used as the object of a
This letter is addressed to us.
- Informal. Used as a predicate
nominative: It's us.
- Nonstandard. Used reflexively as the
indirect object of a verb:
We decided to get us another car.
-The Internet Band
© 2000 - 2005 goodband.com